Monday, July 7, 2014

Introductions and Such

So for the pure simple fact that every blog needs to start out with an introduction, consider this my jumping off point if you will. 

I had been recently reading some really awesome blogs online of girls that are current/former Hooters Girls (shout out to Sauce) and have loved the plethora of information that they have given as well as their insight and experiences while working at Hooters. Their blogs have motivated me to start one of my own. 

So to begin with my name is......thought I'd give it away! Nah, for anyone who knows me reading, you'll already know. For those of you that don't know me, we'll refer to me as Pawz (I know that sounds odd but felt it would be a good way to relate to me). I'm 25 years old and I absolutely LOVE my dogs (hence the nickname Pawz). I have 2 dogs,  a 2 year old shih tzu and a 13 year old mutt. They are my life and I love doing lots of activities with them.  I am also a full time college student at my local community college and I work 2 other jobs in addition to my latest gig at Hooters. I train dogs and work as an orthodontic technician. 

Most say I work myself to death, which they're probably right. I have always been one to have my bases covered as much as possible when it came to being financially stable and I'm glad I have found and obtained meaningful ways of doing so. 

Life has been a bumpy ride for me. I've had 3 surgeries in the past years for various things (foot and tonsils) with the most recent being the most serious of all. Will get to that later.. 


Now my journey to becoming a Hooters Girl has been somewhat of a long time coming. I had wrestled with the idea of applying quite a number of times but had never felt like I would "fit the bill" persay of the ideal Hooters Girl. Years back I was a bit chubby, frumpy, and not at all comfortable nor confident in my own skin. I knew this was a problem. Before I could even begin to think of pursuing a position at Hooters I knew that some major things had to change. I had to get back that confidence I had been missing, the sparkle I once had for life, and had to just find that spark to make me click all over again. 

Sure enough, I was able to find it and I gained the muster to head to my computer and apply. The rest after that is history. 


Throughout this blog, you will read about my insights, experiences, challenges, triumphs, and most important of all, travel with me on the journey of becoming and being a Hooters Girl. 

xoxo Pawz xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment